About Neighbourhood Pet Clinic
We acknowledge that our clients share our community, and consider them to be our “neighbours”. The animals that share our neighbours’ lives are more than just pets, they are truly “furry family members”. Our two companion animal clinics in London, Ontario are centred around the concepts of comfort and convenience and our efforts are guided by these principles.
The Neighbourhood Pet Clinic team is comprised of a variety of roles, all tied together by our duty as animal health advocates. We believe in treating every furry family member as an individual, with the same respect, kindness, and caring that we extend to each other.
Don’t see your area of expertise listed above? We’re always hiring!
All active opportunities will be posted here, but we will never say no to someone who is a great fit for our team.
If you’re an existing or aspiring veterinary professional who:
- Loves people as much as you love animals
- Isn’t too attached to your scrubs (you’ll have to take pride in our funky uniform!)
- Wants to practice high-quality medicine alongside a passionate team
- Is excited about providing a branded veterinary experience that goes beyond healthcare
- Believes in doing right by our neighbours and their furry family members
- And is never satisfied with “good enough”
Then we want to hear from you! If we don’t have a current opening, we will create a brand new position in order to add a superstar to our team.
What you’ll find working at Neighbourhood Pet Clinic…
1. Your safety and well-being are our first priority. We demonstrate this with:
• COVID-19 safety protocols that exceed the standards set by Middlesex-London Health Unit
• Scheduled COVID-19 catch up spots to help manage workflow during the increased demands of the pandemic
• Monthly team meetings to address concerns, highlight new developments, celebrate successes, and bring the team together
2. We believe that our team members must have a sense of security, fulfillment, and purpose in their jobs. We offer:
• Competitive pay
• Health spending account for full-time team members
• Team discount of 25%
• Birthdays off
• Opportunities for education and mastery of your professional skills while working alongside a diverse group of individuals
• Mentoring for new and growing Doctors of Veterinary Medicine to work with/shadow senior DVM
• Financial compensation for veterinary technicians who pursue/maintain their Registered accreditation (RVT)
3. We uphold a responsibility to the community in which we live and work, and to the world community overall. We believe that we must be good citizens — support good works and charities, better health and education, and bear our fair share of taxes. As a result, we provide:
• 2.5 paid volunteer days/year
• Various community initiatives including Neighbourhood Clean-Up Days, Be Pet Aware, London Lost Pets, and team-led initiatives (ex. Australia Wildlife Nail Trim Fundraiser, soda tab collection, plastic bag collection)
• Reimbursement for reusable menstrual products for all team members, such as menstrual cups, period underwear, etc. to help support the wellbeing of our team as well as to reduce our environmental impact
4. We are dedicated to experimenting with new ideas, carrying on research, developing innovative programs, and investing in the future. We withhold this commitment by:
• Embracing and utilizing new technologies (ex. digital radiographs, dentistry, paper-lite practice, VoIP, clinic mobile app, payment portal, video streaming, ultrasound coming soon)
• Providing regular opportunities to earn Continuing Education credits
If you are interested in learning more about our team or if you think you’d be a good fit, please don’t hesitate to contact us!
Request an appointment online!
We are happy to book an appointment for you. You can request an appointment online in minutes by clicking the button below. If this is an urgent situation, please call us directly at 519-649-0080.