Join the Neighbourhood Pet Clinic Team
At Neighbourhood Pet Clinic, we want to see you build a career that works for you.
For our veterinarians, we offer a variety of flexible positions to fit your lifestyle, the resources you need to provide exceptional care to your patients while in-clinic, and the support for you to relax on your days off.
As you’ll notice from the moment you walk into the carefully crafted lobby of a Neighbourhood Pet Clinic location, we believe in doing things differently by design. We love people as much as we love animals, are committed to being good community members, and protect and empower our team.
With three established locations in London, Ontario, plus a brand-new fourth facility, we are seeking Doctors of Veterinary Medicine who thrive in a highly collaborative environment to join us in our growth.
What can you expect?
Veterinary medicine attracts the most passionate and caring people; we know this because we have a team full of them. Our people are the most valuable assets we have, and we invest in them accordingly, both professionally and personally.
Our associate veterinarians are the cornerstone of our well-staffed and well-equipped companion animal hospital(s) serving exclusively dogs and cats. For our doctors, we offer the following:
- Between 38-42 hours/week on a consistent, rotating schedule (if full-time, however, part-time and/or locum opportunities exist as well) with no on-call duties
- Structured mentorship opportunities for all experience levels, including new graduates and internationally-trained veterinarians working under a restricted license
- Access to our internal DVM Concierge to remotely assist with the tasks in your caseload that only a fellow veterinarian can manage (such as client communication on your days off, case consultations, and medication questions)
- Exposure to a wide range of in-house surgeries and procedures, including advanced dentistry, foreign body removal, splenectomy, ex-cap CCL repair, enucleations, GDV surgery, gastropexy, OFA certification, amputations, electrocautery
- In-house diagnostic resources such as digital radiographs, top-of-the-line ultrasound, and the expertise of an internal Diagnostic Imaging Consultant for interpretation and case collaboration
- Access to a wide and well-managed array of the medications, foods, and products that you need to best serve your patients
- Reduced barriers to providing the medical care your patients need through third-party financing (ScratchPay) for our “neighbours”
- An improved clinic workflow: Scheduled next-day urgent care, emergency, hospitalization, and communication catch-up spots, plus multi-clinic support to help manage the caseload
- Monthly structured team meetings to address concerns, highlight new developments, celebrate successes, and bring the team together
- Tri-annual 360° reviews to discuss performance, satisfaction, and career goals
- Ongoing investment in new technology and services, such as digital radiographs, ultrasound, a clinic mobile app, and our delivery service/pet shuttle
- Health spending account
- Access to PeopleConnect online therapy services
- A paid day off on your birthday to relax or spend with your loved ones
- 2 Paid volunteer days to support your favourite charity
- Fear Free training
- Paid CE and allocated CE Days
Let’s start a conversation about what you’re looking for at this stage of your career and how Neighbourhood Pet Clinic might fit into your future.