As a veterinary technician at Neighbourhood Pet Clinic, we want to see you build the career you dreamed about as a ten-year-old.
We’re looking for curious and kind veterinary technicians to join us on our journey to create the most pet-centric facilities in North America.
We believe that our people are the most valuable assets we have, and we invest in them accordingly. Whether it’s providing a structured mentorship system for our new grads, compensating our technicians for becoming and maintaining their Registration, or crafting flexible part-time opportunities, we want to see our veterinary technicians love being veterinary technicians.
Because when you retire, we want you to look back on a career that “little you” would be proud of.
Does this sound like you?
If you’re a veterinary technician or new grad who:
- Loves interacting with people as much as you love caring for animals
- Believes in the magic of a branded veterinary experience that goes beyond healthcare
- Has interests and skills outside of work
- Cares about your community
- And is never satisfied with “good enough”
Then we want to hear from you!
What can you expect?
Our veterinary technicians are at the core of our operations at our well-staffed and well-equipped companion animal hospitals serving exclusively dogs and cats in London, Ontario. Our veterinary technicians can expect:
- Between 38-40 hours on a consistent, rotating schedule with no on-call duties (part-time opportunities exist as well)
- Structured, proven mentorship opportunities for new grads or those looking to expand their skills
- A work environment with fewer ringing phones, as most calls are answered remotely by our communications team working from home
- Relief and assistance during appointments, treatment services, and surgery by working in tandem with skilled VAs
- Peace of mind in knowing that you’re never on your own; multiple veterinary technicians and veterinarians are always available to consult and collaborate
- The ability to focus on your patients throughout the day without also juggling incoming pharmacy requests, as all prescription refills are managed by a dedicated technician
- A wider and well-managed array of the drugs, foods, and products that you need to best serve your patients
- An improved clinic workflow and multi-clinic support to avoid double-booking
- The option to go home for your lunches or step out to enjoy the sunshine, as we always have multiple veterinary technicians in the building to cover breaks
- Reduced barriers to medical care through third-party financing for our “neighbours”
- Ongoing investment in new technology and services, such as digital radiographs, ultrasound, a clinic app, delivery, and more
- Monthly structured team meetings to address concerns, highlight new developments, celebrate successes, and bring the team together
- Regular check-ins of your goals and satisfaction with the clinic through tri-annual 360° performance reviews
- Uniform provided (but you’ll have to take pride in our unique look!)
- Benefits that support your life and professional development, such as a health spending account, access to PeopleConnect online therapy services, Birthdays off, paid volunteer days, paid Fear Free training, paid CE, and more
Let’s start a conversation about your goals in veterinary medicine and how a career at Neighbourhood Pet Clinic fits into your future. Reach out below and introduce yourself; we’re happy to connect and answer any questions you may have.
Interested in a career with Neighbourhood Pet Clinic or just want to learn more? Start a conversation with us below!
Don’t see your area of expertise listed above? We’re always hiring!
All active opportunities will be posted here, but we will never say no to someone who is a great fit for our team. Reach out to us to start a conversation about your goals in veterinary medicine and how Neighbourhood Pet Clinic can be a part of that future.
Learn more about us!
Request an appointment online!
We are happy to book an appointment for you. You can request an appointment online in minutes by clicking the button below. If this is an urgent situation, please call us directly at 519-649-0080.