At Neighbourhood Pet Clinic, we want to see you build a career as a Veterinary Assistant that “little you” would be proud of.
We’re looking for compassionate and inspired Veterinary Assistants who have always known they’d work with animals one day.
It’s our mission to create the most pet-centric facilities in North America and, as natural caregivers, our Veterinary Assistants play a key role in this journey. These individuals use their skills within our clinics to make every visit a bit more comfortable and convenient for all our visitors (whether human, canine, or feline).
Does this sound like you?
If you’re a certified Veterinary Assistant or a trained-on-the-job VA who:
- Loves helping people through caring for their furry family members
- Is thoughtful and proactive, always thinking two steps ahead
- Has interests and skills outside of work
- Enjoys working with the public, striving to always give a personalized touch
- And is always looking for ways to improve quality of care
Then we want to hear from you!
What can you expect?
Our Veterinary Assistants play a key role in providing the “Comfort and Convenience” that we strive for at every visit. As members of our medical team, they keep operations flowing smoothly at our three companion animal practices serving exclusively dogs and cats. Our Veterinary Assistants can expect:
- Between 36-38 hours/week on a consistent, rotating schedule (part-time opportunities may exist as well for the right candidate)
- A work environment with fewer ringing phones, as most calls are answered remotely by our communications team working from home
- The ability to focus on your patients throughout the day without also juggling incoming pharmacy requests, as all routine prescription refills are managed by a dedicated technician
- A team that is dedicated to constantly improving the patient experience and encourages feedback
- An improved clinic workflow and multi-clinic support to avoid double booking
- Ongoing investment in new technology and services, such as digital radiographs, ultrasound, a clinic app, delivery, and more
- Monthly structured team meetings to address concerns, highlight new developments, celebrate successes, and bring the team together
- Regular check-ins of your goals and satisfaction with the clinic through tri-annual 360° performance reviews
- Uniform provided (but you’ll have to take pride in our unique look!)
- Benefits that support your life and professional development, such as a health spending account, access to PeopleConnect online therapy services, Birthdays off, paid volunteer days, paid Fear Free training, paid CE, and more
How do I apply?
Please send your cover letter and complete resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Veterinary Assistant Job Application”. We will respond to all applicants within 1 week following the receipt of your application.
Have questions or just want to learn more? Start a conversation with us below!
Interested in a career with Neighbourhood Pet Clinic or just want to learn more? Start a conversation with us below!
Don’t see your area of expertise listed above? We’re always hiring!
All active opportunities will be posted here, but we will never say no to someone who is a great fit for our team. Reach out to us to start a conversation about your goals in veterinary medicine and how Neighbourhood Pet Clinic can be a part of that future.
Learn more about us!
Request an appointment online!
We are happy to book an appointment for you. You can request an appointment online in minutes by clicking the button below. If this is an urgent situation, please call us directly at 519-649-0080.