At Neighbourhood Pet Clinic, we want to see you find your place as a professional within the incredible world of veterinary medicine.
We are currently actively looking for part-time “Park Rangers” to add to our growing team.
This position is so much more than reception. As a front-facing Park Ranger, strong administration skills are required, but our Park Rangers also assist in patient care and housekeeping duties. If you’ve always thrived in customer service but are looking for a more hands-on position, the Park Ranger role might be for you.
Does this sound like you?
If you’re a customer service extraordinaire who:
- Loves people as much as you love animals
- Has a stomach of steel and doesn’t get “grossed out” easily
- Is a natural communicator in all forms
- Enjoys high-pressure challenges, solving puzzles, and multi-tasting
- And believes in the magic of going “above and beyond” to provide an amazing experience
Then we want to hear from you!
Duties of a part-time Park Ranger include (but are not limited to):
- Making an amazing first and last impression for all visitors (whether human, canine, or feline) at every visit
- Providing administrative support, such as emailing, booking appointments, making phone calls, invoicing, and recording communications in medical records
- Cleaning runs, handling feces/urine/blood, doing laundry, vacuuming/mopping, and cleaning exam rooms
- Communicating effectively with the medical team to ensure a smooth clinic workflow at all times
- Giving treats, petting, restraining, and comforting cats and dogs during procedures as directed by the medical team
- And constantly looking for ways to make the clinic a better place for all
For more information about why we call this position a “Park Ranger”, you’ll have to visit one of our locations!
What can you expect?
As the liaison between our “neighbours” and our medical team, our Park Rangers are an integral part of our three clinics serving exclusively dogs, cats, and their families in London, Ontario. Our part-time Park Rangers can expect:
- Between 7-20 hours per week on a regular rotating schedule
- Opportunities at multiple locations within London. Flexibility to go between locations will be highly valued.
- In-depth paid training over the course of many weeks to provide a firm foundation of industry terminology, clinic safety, our computer system, and internal processes
- Continuous mentorship and collaboration working alongside other Park Rangers and medical team members
- Exposure to medical procedures and opportunities for those looking to pursue higher education in veterinary medicine
- Monthly structured team meetings to address concerns, highlight new developments, celebrate successes, and bring the team together
- Regular check-ins of your goals and satisfaction with the clinic through tri-annual 360° performance reviews
- Programs that not only protect you from rude and abusive behaviour, but also give you the autonomy to reward kindness
- Uniform provided (but you’ll have to take pride in our unique look!)
- Access to a health spending account and paid Fear Free continuing education
How do I apply?
Please send your cover letter and complete resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Park Ranger Job Application”. We will respond to all applicants within 1 week following the receipt of your application.
Have questions or just want to learn more? Start a conversation with us below!
Interested in a career with Neighbourhood Pet Clinic or just want to learn more? Start a conversation with us below!
Don’t see your area of expertise listed above? We’re always hiring!
All active opportunities will be posted here, but we will never say no to someone who is a great fit for our team. Reach out to us to start a conversation about your goals in veterinary medicine and how Neighbourhood Pet Clinic can be a part of that future.
Learn more about us!
Request an appointment online!
We are happy to book an appointment for you. You can request an appointment online in minutes by clicking the button below. If this is an urgent situation, please call us directly at 519-649-0080.